I recently discovered a very delicious and easy fall recipe on Pinterest that I had to share!
What you’ll need for Blooming Apples
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 green apples
- 8 chewy caramel squares
- Ice cream
- Caramel drizzle
What to do
- Light a yummy, fall candle to set the scene.
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your butter, brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon.
- Slice off the top of each apple then to scoop out the core.
- Using a paring knife, make three circular cuts in the apple. Place the apple cut side-down on a cutting board and slice crosswise.
- Place cut apples in a baking dish.
- Fill each apple with two caramel squares then brush melted butter mixture on top.
- Bake until the apples are tender which was about 30 minutes for me.
We didn’t even get a picture of the final product because we dug in so quickly!
Hope you try it out and enjoy! 💕