If you’re a Lilly lover, you know that the two sales per year are basically holidays. If not, here are the details. Lilly Pulitzer goes on MAJOR sale in January and August every year. These are basically the two times per year that I buy all of my Lilly Pulitzer items. We’re talking clothes, makeup bags, tote bags, home decor and jewelry all at massive discounts–often 70% off. But here’s the catch. You need to be prepared to successfully shop this sale because as you might imagine, things go quickly!! So here are some tips to shop the sale to the fullest extent. The sale is August 22-23.
1. Create a Lilly account NOW if you haven’t already so that you can save your card information for quicker order processing. Since it is such a major sale, it might take several days for orders to ship.
2. Make sure you are on the website at 8 am Monday morning (eastern time) so that you will be closer to the front of the virtual line. Only a certain amount of people are allowed on the site at one time because in years past, the website has been broken by the high volume of shoppers. I usually don’t have to wait more than 10 minutes in the virtual line.
3. Once inside, check out often. Items WILL sell out while in your shopping cart so as soon as you find a must have, buy it immediately. Shipping is free so you should be placing multiple orders. I usually buy one item per order.
4. Home decor and accessories seem to sell out quicker than clothing so check it out first if you’re really interested.
5. Plan ahead– I bought basically everything I wore on my honeymoon in May during the January sale. Decide what types of items you want most and search for them first.
6. Check out your local Lilly store as well but also make sure to check out websites such as Amazon.com, Zappos.com, The Pink Pelican and The Pink Palm as they will also be having great sales and do not generally sell out as quickly.
Here are some of my purchases from past sales. I’ve been shopping these sales for the past 3 or 4 years and trust me– you don’t want to miss it.
Paid about $34, was originally around $98
Bought on Amazon during the sale for $98– was originally well over $300
Paid around $60 at The Pink Pelican, was originally around $150
Paid $34, was about $100
I can’t remember the exact pricing but this is probably my favorite sale dress! The necklace came from the sale as well and was only $18.
I had great luck with The Pink Pelican during this particular sale. Highly recommend them.
My beach cover-up was $34 and originally around $100.
Love this one.
This dress was around $50 I believe.